I’m Cecilia. Welcome to my food blog SnapHappy Foodie. Thanks for dropping by.
- I’m a creative addict who loves food, photography, travel and writing.
- I’m also the SnapHappy Foodie, and yes, it’s a phrase I came up with on my own back in 2014 (you can read about it here). I’ve been blogging here since 2013, although I’ve had other personal blogs before – on my own and in collaboration with my two sisters. I’ve worked with companies and PR firms to promote food products, do product reviews, and attend food-related press trips, tasting or media dinners, food festivals, workshops, among others. Feel free to contact me if you have something we can work on together.
- I’m married to someone who enjoys eating as much as I do. In fact, I think he’s even more adventurous when it comes to eating. We’ve been together since we were 20 years old. You can just imagine how much food we’ve eaten together and how much weight we’ve gained through the years.
- I’m a furbaby momma. We had our little Shih Tzu furbaby until 2018, a loss that I even shared here. A year later, we found two abused and neglected furbabies, fostered them and ended up giving them their fur-ever homes.
- I’m part of a family that loves food as much as I do. Growing up, my parents enjoyed eating out at restaurants where we learned to appreciate good food. At home, my mom was the queen of our kitchen. I ended up learning how to cook my favorites under her watchful eyes. I’ve always enjoyed cooking and experimenting as much as I enjoy eating.
- I also love to read cookbooks with drool-worthy pictures, go to grocery stores and farmers’ markets, watch food-oriented TV shows, follow chefs in Instagram and, of course, look up recipes to drool over and maybe try. I’m that person on Facebook and Instagram who posts pictures of what I’m about to eat and what I cooked, baked, etcetera. In fact, I plan my day around food, plotting my next meal. I’m always willing to try new food even at least once. The weirdest food I’ve eaten? Alligator legs and turtle soup in New Orleans, and buffalo chorizo quesadilla and elk stew in Moab, UT.
- I’m a baking dabbler. After learning how to bake from scratch and falling in love with baking, I used this blog to document my baking adventures.
- I’m a self-taught photographer. I enjoy taking photos of food, especially during our travels. I actually had a photography business for eight years and did weddings, engagements and portraits. Hop on over to Instagram and I’m there @SnapHappyFoodie!
- I’m a travel bug. Which is pretty awesome because my husband and I travel far and wide for good food. Ever traveled 12 hours each way to satisfy a craving? Back in 2009, we drove all the way to Toronto so I can have my lanzones fix. (That’s Lansium domesticum according to Wikipedia).
I contributed an essay “Eating my way around Manila” to The Philippine Times Australia, November 2013 issue. Oh, and please wait for it to load. It takes some time.
I’m not a chef, a food critic, a food stylist nor do I have a background in culinary arts. I just love good food, whether it’s casual or fine dining.